What is “Work Whispering,” anyway?
I call what I do “work whispering.” It’s an innovative approach to dealing with workplace problems, bringing my unique set of skills and experiences. I’m an experienced employment lawyer, but not your lawyer who is focused on your interests in the legal process. I’m familiar with workplace laws, government agencies and helpful workplace resources in your area. I’ve pretty much seen and heard it all when it comes to bad bosses, crazy coworkers, and dysfunctional drama at work. I understand what rights you do have, and what rights you might think you have, but unfortunately don’t.
Sometimes you just need someone to listen to your toxic work situation and then offer you practical advice to move forward. Someone who is not your significant other or best friend, but is a good listener and a logical thinker. Someone who has been in toxic workplace situations herself. Someone who had to figure out the hard way how to move on and keep her career on track.
You might need Work Whispering if…
- You just got fired or laid off and don’t know what to do next.
- You’ve encountered harassment and don’t know whether you should report it.
- You’re not sure whether what happened to you violates the law, or even if it does, what to do about it.
- You have talked to an employment lawyer or two, but are not sure whether you want to file a lawsuit.
- You have a bullying boss or a dysfunctional department and am not sure how much longer you can take it.
- You need a reality check because what has been happening at work is so bizarre that you don’t even know where to begin.
- You’re still working through some issues in the aftermath of your employment, like how you describe what happened to you.
- Your significant other/best friend/family members are tired of hearing you talk about your job and want you to come up with a plan of action.
Work Whispering provides workable solutions
- Tired of spinning your wheels navigating a new world where you don’t have a job?
- Don’t know what is supposed to happen next?
- Feel like you’re making an already-screwed-up situation worse?
- Wondering if you mishandled a work situation and there’s something you should be doing about it?
- Trying to figure out if you need a lawyer or a therapist or a work coach or maybe even a boot camp sergeant to kick you into gear?
If your toxic work situation has turned you into someone you don’t recognize, and you don’t know how to fix it, then work whispering can help. Talk through your situation with someone who can help you sort everything out. Learn about what resources are out there to help someone in your situation. Develop an action plan to move on with your career and your life. Want to get back on the path to success, in your career and your life? That’s what work whispering does.
Maybe it’s a one-time session to share your story and get a reality check. Or you might need several sessions to unravel a knotty situation that can’t be fixed overnight. I listen to your story and offer practical strategies and solutions for your toxic workplace situation.
You may not have heard of a work whisperer before, but I bet you know somebody who needs one…maybe that’s you. Ready to give it a try?